Monday 19 March 2012

Back at it!

It's been March Break here in Ontario which means time with a couple of grandchildren and not so much time working!  Every summer I take  my grandchildren on summer adventures and they get a photo album at christmas with the pictures and story of what we did.  One grandson spent some one on one time with me this past break and was quite clear about wanting an adventure.

Adventures are pretty limited here this time of year, but I gave it my best shot! We "built" an air plane and created a large crawfish.  We couldn't find any crawfish at the waterfront so needed to adapt.  We discovered a new bike trail and raced screaming down it like fools! 

There was a time when I could exhaust him but now it is he who exhausts me.  I  am fortunate enough that the sun was shining and I could relax in the backyard while he excavated major roadways in the sandbox and practiced falling off his bike on the grass with great excitement.  I am without a doubt, the luckiest person alive to be able to experience this.

Now the break is done and I get the privilage of driving him to school this morning.  Today, I will be back at it, tryng to play with a new computer program to print greeting cards (among other things) and hopefully finish a couple of embroidery hoop wall hangings.  An elephant is in the works and a zebra in the planning stages!

'Till next time, have  a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment